Success for Stafford on the 2014 CMT and CAPT Science Results
The 2013- 2014 school year began a new era for state assessments. With the implementation of the Connecticut Common Core Standards, a new assessment platform was initiated. Except for the grade 5, 8, and 10 Science assessments, the CMT and CAPT have been replaced by the Smarter Balanced Assessments (SBA). The SBA is provided via a web-based platform. Students in grades 3-8 and 10-11 participated in the SBA Field Test in the spring of 2014.
As a result of the decision to participate in the SBA Field Test in 2014, the district only received individual and school wide results for the CMT and CAPT Science assessments (grades 5, 8, and 10). Generally, the 2014 results are favorably comparable to previous years with some impressive highlights.
- «All three testing grades outperformed the DRG F and State average for both percent at goal and percent at proficiency
- «Grade 5 results for the DRG rank improved for the second consecutive year
- «Best ever results in grade 8 for the percentage of students at goal
- «Stafford is ranked as #1 in the DRG for grade 8
- «Grade 8 results are very favorably compared to surrounding districts and rank in the top 25 of districts state-wide
- «For the eighth consecutive year, grade 8 outperformed both the DRG and State average for percent at goal
- «Second consecutive year outperforming the DRG F and State average for percent at goal and improving the DRG rank in grade 10
- «For the eighth consecutive year, Stafford High School outperformed the state average for percent of students achieving proficiency
A more detailed analysis of Stafford’s 2014 CMT and CAPT Science results for each tested grade and comparison data to DRG and State averages is provided here.