The mission of the Stafford Public Schools is to prepare our
students to assume productive, meaningful, and responsible roles in an
increasingly competitive global society.
The town of Stafford is a rural-suburban community with a population of approximately twelve thousand residents. It is located 27 miles northeast of Hartford, CT and about 30 miles southeast of Springfield, MA. Stafford is also in close proximity to Providence, RI and Boston, MA.
Stafford enrolls approximately 2,000 students, grades PreK – 12, in five schools: three elementary, one middle and one high school. The mission of the school district is to enable all students to realize their full potential as lifelong learners and responsible citizens. This mandate is based upon the conviction that the dignity and worth of each child is of primary concern, and that the aim of education is to prepare and inspire our youth to assume meaningful roles in a culturally diverse, ever-changing world. Curriculum is designed to provide challenging, motivating and thought provoking educational experiences, which address the individual and diverse academic, social and emotional needs of all students.
Points of Pride
- Great students
- A strong pre-kindergarten program
- A Family Resource Center serving families with young children
- Early intervention strategies such as Reading Recovery, Teaching for Literacy Competency, and instructional support services
- Parent outreach at all schools
- Meaningful technology integration at all levels
- Substantial staff development, especially in reading, writing, and technology integration
- Staff participation and recognition in state and national education initiatives
- Award-winning middle school and high school music performance groups and athletic teams
- Increased library-media services PreK - 12
- Expanded World Language Program in the middle school and after school World Language program for grades 3 and 4
- Soaring scores on the CT Mastery Test and CT Academic Performance Test
- Inclusion of special needs students
- SAT scores above state average with dramatically increasing participation
- Availability of college credit while attending SHS
- Opportunities for international travel through our Music and World Language programs
- A strong and growing rate of students entering post-secondary education upon graduation
- An outstanding team of educators and support personnel working with the youth of Stafford